Boracay is a small island located in the Western Visayas Region which is known for its fine white sand and diverse water sports activities. The island is adored both by locals and foreigners and awarded to be World’s top destinations for relaxation.
How to go to Boracay? (from Manila)
You basically have two options, to travel by plane or by sea.
If you’re traveling by plane, the flight is just 1hr. You can either book a trip from Manila to Kalibo or Manila to Caticlan. Kalibo is 1hr plus land travel to Caticlan. Fare varies depending on the airlines and its availability. We got a chance last September 2016 to book Air Asia‘s Piso fare and luckily we got our tickets at around Php600 back and forth. The twist is, the date we got is for August 2017.
BUT if you’re an adventure seeker just like me, you can choose to travel by sea. We just booked our tickets in less than a week from our departure date. You can book online on their website at www.travel.2go.com.ph
|Bus from Buendia to Batangas Pier (JAM Liner)||168.00|
|Batangas Pier to Caticlan Jetty Port (2Go Travel Super Value Class)||1,164.00|
|Caticlan to Cagban Jetty Port (Oyster Ferry)||60.00|
Travel time from Buendia to Batangas Pier via Skyway is 2hrs and travel time from Batangas Pier to Caticlan Port is Minimum of 10hrs.
No worries coz 2Go Travels provides rice meals inclusive in the fare and comfy solo beds. They also have snack bars available.
Upon arrival from Cagban Jetty Port, you just need to pay necessary terminal fee’s and buy tickets going to Boracay island and you’re good to go!
We just rode an electronic mini-cab going to the hotel which only costs 20 pesos per person.
Where to stay in Boracay?
I and my friends stayed in Agos Boracay Rooms + Beds for 3 days and 2 nights.
Agos Boracay Rooms + Beds is a family-run business located along the Main Road in Station 2 which is very accessible to Boracay’s famous spots – White beach, D’ Mall, D’ Talipapa and etc. They have 28 available rooms which are good for 2 to 6 pax.
Aside from the complementary goods and toiletries, all their rooms are equipped with AC units, ceiling fans, personal refrigerator, LED TV, hot & cold shower, mini vault, and water kettle.
Other recognitions of Agos Boracay Rooms + Beds:
- 4-Time Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice Winner (2015-2018)
- 4-Time Booking.com Excellence Awardee (2014-2017)
- 3-Time Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence (2015-2017)
- Agoda Gold Circle Awardee (2015)
If you’re visiting Boracay from March 1-June 15, 2018 (Except April 29-May 3, 2018), you can avail their SUMMER SALE PROMO (50% off ) valid for deluxe rooms (good for 2-4 persons). Booking period is until February 28, 2018.
Starting June 2018, Agos Boracay Rooms + Beds will implement their new rates.
Aside from their daily stays, Agos Boracay also offers Weekly/Monthly/Long Term Stay and Corporate Housing/Office Space for Lease. (www.facebook.com/rowhouseboracay)
And to know more about Agos Boracay, you can visit their website at www.agosboracay.com.
Where to Eat in Boracay?
Thai Basil is a recommended restaurant located in D’ Mall, Station 2. Thai Basil offers authentic Thai dishes that will surely indulge your taste buds!
Must Try Dishes:
Usually, HaloMango has super long lines and were patronized mostly by the Korean Tourists.
What to do in Boracay?
- Sit Back and Relax – Witness the sunrise/sunset along the seashore.
- You can either have a chill night at bars and be entertained by the fire dancers or you can also try Boracay Pub Crawl for Php900. It’s a way to meet new friends on the island!
- Island Tour – There are plenty of tours you can join. If you opt to choose their day tour, it usually starts at 9am and it’s inclusive of lunch. Itineraries may vary depending on the tour, but the usually the tour last for 4-5hrs which will en route to the Puka Beach, Crystal Cove, and Magic Island. They also a lot of time for you to experience snorkeling. (Better bring your own snorkeling gears if already have coz you will pay Php20.00 for the rent)
- Paddle Boat – if you want an extra thrill, you can try the paddle boat. Challenge your friends and see who can stand longer on the board! We paid Php500 for 2 paddle boards in 30 mins. You may share it with your friends coz I bet you will not paddle alone for 30mins.
- Helmet Diving – If you want to experience fish feeding under the sea, this is the one for you. Get a chance to see the fishes up close in their natural habitat.
- Parasailing – Fear of heights? Conquer it! Grab your friend/special someone and try this parasailing. It’s a breathtaking activity but definitely worth the stress! You’ll witness the beauty of Boracay up above the sky!
- Fly fish – If you’re really a thrill-seeker, must try their fly fish. It’s an extreme water sports activity that can make your muscles ache! You must hold on tight or else you’ll be left behind!
Other activities: You can also visit Mt. Luho for a view of the island, try their ATV or watch the sunset at Spider House.
All-in-all, let’s not forget to respect the nature. Always be mindful of our own wastes. Let’s not be the reason for the total damage to the island. LET US ALL SAVE BORACAY even through our little ways.